So a few weeks ago I posted a pic on my Facebook page of the badge that I got on my friends’s hen party in Kenmare (full details here) which the bridesmaid made. I’ve had a request to do a step by step guide on how to make them. Who am I to turn down a DIY post?!
Hen party badges can be expensive to purchase especially if you have 20+ hens on the list. And when you do purchase them, they aren’t personal. So here is a DIY option that will save you some pennys and will look great. If you or someone you know is a Photoshop whiz you can make them even more personalised!
All you need is:
– Coloured/designed paper/card
– Printed hen picture templates
– Laminator and laminating sheets
– Safety pins
– Black fine tip marker
1. Choose your coloured paper/card, any design or colour you want, perhaps to fit in with a theme, cut into a circle. Use a glass as a guide to trace out the circle.
2. Cut around your hen template to fit inside the circle. You can print off a picture of a hen online.
3. With your black fine tip marker, write your bride’s name e.g. Nora’s Hen inside the picture of the hen.
4. Place the hen picture on top of the card and place in laminating sheet.
5. Laminate your badge and cut down to size once cooled.
6. With a piece of cellotape, stick the hooked side of the safety pin to the back of the badge.
7. Repeat times the number of hens attending!
And voila you have your own personalised hen party badges! You could also write each guests name on their badge too!
Hope you have fun making these and if you do please post a pic to my Facebook page.
Thanks again to super bridesmaid Linda for making the badges for Nora’s hen!
Love from my world,